The ProCountry, LLC Auction Service Story
Subscribe to our FREE newsletter and receive updates for upcoming auctions!
ProCountry, LLC Auction Service was established in 2002 and is a Midwest auction company specializing in estate, farm, equipment and real estate auctions.
We are a full service auction company with the tools and experience needed to conduct your auction. Internet based marketing, online bidding and computerized clerking are just a few of the services we offer to our clients.
ProCountry, LLC Auction Service is licensed in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
We Specialize in:
- Online Auctions
- Construction Equipment
- Farm Equipment
- Real Estate (Farm, Recreation, Residential)
In August 2009 Scott Werlein was awarded 2009 State Champion Auctioneer during the Wisconsin State Fair.
Scott is a second-generation auctioneer who grew up on a farm in western Wisconsin. Farm auctions are where Scott started his career in the auction business by grooming cattle, washing machinery, and preparing items for sale day.
In 1991, Scott attended the Missouri Auction School. After returning from auction school, Scott started selling auctions. Since then, he has worked a wide variety of auctions such as auto, estate, farm, heavy equipment, livestock and real estate.
Scott is the owner of ProCountry, LLC Auction Service. Scott, his wife Jennifer and their three sons reside in the small rural community of Gilmanton, WI.
- Certified Appraisers Guild of America, 2007
- “One on One” with Ralph Wade, Chickasha, OK – 2003
- University of Wisconsin River Falls, BS Agricultural Business –1996
- Chippewa Valley Technical College, Associates Degree – 1993
- Missouri Auction School, Kansas City, MO – 1991
Auction & Occupational Experience
- Heavy Equipment: Nitke Auctioneers, Wausau, WI (nitkeauctions.com); Wayne Pike Auction Company II, LLC, Princeton, MN (waynepikeauction.com); RJ Stockwell, Dorchester, WI (rjstockwell.com).
- Car Auctions: Manheim Northstar (Shakopee, MN) & WMI (Holmen, WI)
- Livestock: Equity Cooperative Livestock Sale in Barron, Monroe, Richland Center Wisconsin
- 20+ years of farm and general auctions experience.
- Superior Livestock Auction Representative – 2004 to present
- United State Marine Corps – 1987 to 1990
- Licensed Real Estate Broker (WI) – 1990 to present
- Commodity Feed Broker – 1996 to 1999
- Series 3 Commodity Futures Broker
- AP with First Capitol Group, Platteville, WI – 1999 to 2006
- National customer base specializing in grain and livestock marketing
- Wisconsin Auctioneers Association
- Wisconsin Cattlemen’s Association – Board of Directors – 2005 to 2010
- Veterans of Foreign Wars – Life Member
- Mondovi Sportsman Club
- Wisconsin State FFA Sponsors Board Member – 2002 to 2004
- Gilmanton Community Club Life Member
In August 2015 Steve Strey was awarded 2015 State Champion Auctioneer during the Wisconsin State Fair.
Steve’s hometown is Foster, WI and resides with his wife Leslie and daughter Heidi.
- State of Wisconsin licensed Auctioneer
- Member – Wisconsin Auctioneers Association
- Member – National Auctioneers Association
- Graduate – Farm Business Production Management Course – CVTC
- 2013 – 2nd Runner up – Wisconsin State Auctioneers Bid Calling Championships
- 2014 Wisconsin State Ringman Champion
- Owner & Operator – 600 acre, 140 cow, commercial, beef cow/calf & cash crop farm
- Past President – Chippewa Valley Forage Council
- Past President – Grace Lutheran Church – Augusta
- President – Eau Claire County Farm Bureau Board
- Member – Augusta FFA Alumni
HOBBIES & INTERESTS:
- attend farm seminars & meetings
- network with other professionals in Auction & Agriculture Industries
- getting to know the public on a professional & personal basis